It's been an interesting week for the reef.
Testing alkalinity, I noticed that it was getting a little low, probably around 7 dKH rather than the normal 8 dKH. To raise it up slightly, I adjusted the pH controller from the 6.5 setting to 6.2 instead. The next day, I checked on the calcium reactor to find that nothing was coming out. Annoyed, I opened up the needle valve a quarter twist and flow resumed. The following day I checked on it again, and again no effluent.
The reef continues to rock along on auto-pilot... This acro grew from three twiggy branches a year ago to this. Those white tips are actually quite blue in person.
The fungia babies grow into colonial plates. This one on the right is two on the same skeletal disk, and both refuse to give up making it look like a pyramid.
I came home with two Gorgonians
Let's see your tanks, Reef Addicts. Here's my 215g today.
I love my anemones, so much so that I'm setting up their own tank soon. Here's a close up look at their beauty.
As I reported not to long ago, my Skimmer Swabbie's squeegee bracket broke. I received a new one in the mail on Saturday, but it didn't match what I've had all this time.
I did have to trim off the excess rubber at each end, because otherwise it would have been too tall. The groved section of the bracket is longer than