The newer version of the Marineland 400g came with a lowered water line than previously. The black plastic trim didn't hide it this time, and my preference is to keep that invisible. A few months ago, in anticipation of this situation, I ordered some flat black vinyl strips to apply to the tank once it was setup and running.
I didn't want to ruin the vinyl during the process of adding sand, rock and livestock, but now that everything is in the tank, it was high time to get it done.
Updated Yesterday at 03:25 AM by melev
It's ice cold outside, so I figured I'd take pictures of things that were warmer today. I pulled out the tripod and the nicer lens for these images.
Updated 12-06-2013 at 10:19 PM by melev
You can never get too many pictures, right? Shot tonight with a Nikon D90.
Drew's red Acropora - it's a very quiet grower in my system.
The area under the 60g needed to be better organized. With the stand reinforced with wood panels, it made it easy to secure the various devices in place. It's still a work in progress, but here's a quick update shot.
What you're seeing here is part of my Ecotech collection. Two Vortech Mp40w pumps are close by, one on the 400g and the other on the 60g. The large square object is the Vortech Battery Backup. This battery will keep both pumps
Its been a few months since I've last updated. Here are a few photos of the tank from last night.
Nothing really happening with the tank right now, just letting it hang out and do its thing. I've recently just completed a mini energy/utility use audit in an effort to reduce my overhead/operating costs on my system. I can successfully say that I was able to lower my utility bills considerably by swapping out a 250w MH for a Kessil light and a number of smaller minor equipment tweaks.