Been a while since my last update...
by, 03-18-2011 at 10:47 PM (854 Views)
Hello everyone! I have some updates for my Elos and Mr.Aqua, sans pictures unfortunately.
- Monti caps were devoured by Nudibranchs (didnt realize they were so small !).
- Alk related crash wiped out the Acros (switching salt mixes I presume)
- Added sand! Tank seems more stable since adding it.
- In the process of catching the Chromies, one down two to go.
- Added a Blue Spot Jawfish - 2 months and going strong.
- Lowered temp to 77*F, cooling fans kick on at 77.5*F.
- Added DFS premium nano live rock to help seed the ecorox better.
All other livestock is still alive including the Clownfish, Mystery Wrasse, Helfrichi Firefish, GBTA, and Zoas. Since adding the liverock, the dead rock has colored up nicely and has started showing red, purple, and green coralline growth. In a month or two I will try some new coral.
Overall, good progress. A rocky start but everything is working out better than I imagined it would.
Mr. Aqua 17.4 gallon -
Needless to say this tank is a solid mass of Grape Caulerpa, Ulva lettuce, and Hair Algae which I find quite hilarious.
- Hawkfish jumped one night that my girlfriend came home blackout drunk (causing a shit storm), RIP
- Added various macro algae (big mistake on a skimmerless system, in my situation at least)
TLDR - Moved too fast with the Elos, but it is looking clean and more mature. MrAqua is F@#$!&.