Saturday night... here's the latest
by, 06-09-2012 at 10:44 PM (924 Views)
I received an email from Marineland on Friday that informed me the trucking company would contact me Monday for pickup. I hope they pick it up that same day, since it is 100% ready and road-worthy. I ended up putting a tarp over the crate as we had stormy weather Wednesday and Thursday, thanks to a suggestion by one person here on RA. It'll be nice to have that gone.
Working in the 215g isn't what I'd consider easy. There's not much space above the tank, and the huge cross brace limits where I can reach, but I had to get my arm wet today:
- Pulled a scrolling Pavona out of the midst of the Rose bubble tip anemone before it smothered the coral entirely. It's been relocated to an anemone-safe spot.
- Rescued a toppled Acan, moved it to a better spot where it will stay put and not sting anything.
- Moved the Dendros and Duncans to the frag tank where I can target feed 'em.
- Repositioned the Leptastrea that was on its side again.
- Readjusted two frag plugs of zoanthids so I could see them.
- Assisted one gorgonian to regain its vertical orientation.
- Rescued another acan that needed better placement.
I'll do another water change as soon as the crate is gone, so saltwater doesn't flow under it down my driveway.
Did any of your watch Tanked tonight? KISS tank and the Petco set up were both very cool.