Saturday the tank moves!
by, 06-14-2012 at 05:29 PM (805 Views)
ive basicly summarized how the moving process will work, ive done this mostly for my piece of mind but ive decided to post it here so that fellow reef addicts and possibly offer ideas or advice
- 2 buckets of fresh SW mixed (just in case I need more)
- 50lbs of Precured Marco rocks
- All dry goods in totes ready to go
- 3 Styrofoam boxes for livestock
- 60 large ziplocks + lots of specimen jars
- Sheets of Styrofoam
Packing – this will start about 6am Saturday morning with a departure time of 9am
Setup – estimated time of arrival will be 3pm saturday
- Covering the rental van with vapor barrier
- Placing the stock tank in the cube van, with the marco rock which has been curing for 2 months in my basement, enough water will be added to cover the rock but not so much that it splashes while on the road
- Filling a bucket of tank water for the fish
- Removing coral from the tank, each piece in its own double bag ziplock or into specimen jars then into Styrofoam shipping boxes!
- Attempting to catch fish , which will all be placed into a bucket with an airline for the drive.
- Rounding up snails and such, which will be put in to Tupperware keeping spices separated
- Removing and keeping as much non sediment latent water as possible from the display tank and sump into remaining 5gal buckets with lids
- Removing live rock, which will be placed in to the stock tank
- Catching the remainder of the fish
- Disconnecting all electrical and plumbing
- Removing sand and placing into buckets (keeping it wet)
- Getting everything into the van ( care will be taken with the new aquarium which will be sitting surrounded by Styrofoam sheets
- Everything will be brought inside and placed in my room where the aquarium will be, with the exception of the stock tank with the rock
- RODI will be setup and water will start being made
- The stand will be placed, centered and leveled
- The tank will be placed centered and leveled
- The lights will be hung and holes in the wall made for plumbing
- Sand will be added
- Tank filling will commence, with the old tank water first, a heater will be added ASAP
- Once the tank is at an acceptable level the marco rock will be added, followed by maybe old rock if needed (otherwise its going in the sump)
- The fish will be added once things look stable (the tank wont necessarily be FULL)
- Once I have everything up and running the coral will be added!
- I will setup the tank cam with Skype
- i will be at the new house untill sunday afternoon to make sure everything is okay then im back to the old house untill thursday.