Send an Instant Message to bleachandvomit Using...
hey guys and gals. Just uploaded a new vid of my tank!
I've got 2x RBTA that i bought from Anthony Calfo, 1x GBTA, and 1x small speckled BTA that was just added a day ago.
You can see my BSJF peeking his head out, as of lately he has been venturing out of his hole to touch the waterline for no apparent reason.
Mystery Wrasse is skiddish, nobody likes him around because he is a trouble maker!
Hello everyone! I have some updates for my Elos and Mr.Aqua, sans pictures unfortunately.
- Monti caps were devoured by Nudibranchs (didnt realize they were so small !).
- Alk related crash wiped out the Acros (switching salt mixes I presume)
- Added sand! Tank seems more stable since adding it.
- In the process of catching the Chromies, one down two to go.
- Added a Blue Spot Jawfish - 2 months and going strong.
- Lowered temp to 77*F, cooling fans kick on at 77.5*F.
Hello all! It's been a while since I updated, I've been very excited with my tank this week so here are some tidbits!
- My first helfrichi died after three days. How sad and discouraging It was replaced under warranty and the new one has been going strong for two weeks! The new one isnt as buddy buddy with the other fish as the last one, but this one is a lot more active and eats a broader variety of foods.
- Visited PHISHY BUSINESS in columbus and snagged a beautiful purple/green/blue
Added my Helfrichi today! I was expecting him to hide immediately and not come out for a while... which was not the case. He hovered in the middle of the water column and all of the resident fish came up one by one to greet and check him out. Male maroon touched nose to nose for a few seconds and I think they will be best of friends. No aggression to speak of which is awesome. When I first added the Mystery Wrasse, everyone picked on him for a few days so I'm really glad with how things turned out.
So over the last two weeks I've added some new critters. I joined PMAS and found that the local forums are a good place to buy livestock on the cheap.
Monti caps (Green, purple, orange) - 10$ each
Frogspawn (2 heads) - 10$
Hammer (3 heads) - 10$
2-3" GBTA - 10$
I got the monti caps last week to kind of "test" the water, they are starting to encrust on the rocks a little and havnt browned out, which is a good sign that my nutrients